Q: The cars haves a really rare sound on the engine.

I know that my rod engine bearings are worn down. Can I change them without taking the engine out of the car?

Technically yes you can change the rod bearings with the engine installed, but it’s not that easy. Usually if the rod bearings are damaged and they have been driven on long enough to make noise, then the crankshaft is typically damaged as well, and possibly the rods themselves. Also, changing rod bearings is a very in depth job, and requires a lot of expertise to get everything exactly right. I would suggest having the noise professionally diagnosed by a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. Then the technician can provide you with options to repair your vehicle.