Q: The car turns over but will not fire...

I had the heads rebuilt. Put in new head gaskets, and misc. gaskets from the kit. Put everything back together, but now it will fire but will not start.

A: Hello there, many different faults could ca...

Hello there, many different faults could cause your 1999 Subaru Legacy to not start after the cylinder head rebuild. There are a few common problems that could cause it to not start such as a connector left unplugged, timing that is off, or a dead battery. If the timing is off it can result in damaging the engine. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your crank no start and make any repairs required.