Q: The car turns over but will not fire...

I had the heads rebuilt. Put in new head gaskets, and misc. gaskets from the kit. Put everything back together, but now it will fire but will not start.

Hello there, many different faults could cause your 1999 Subaru Legacy to not start after the cylinder head rebuild. There are a few common problems that could cause it to not start such as a connector left unplugged, timing that is off, or a dead battery. If the timing is off it can result in damaging the engine. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your crank no start and make any repairs required.