Q: The car through a serpentine belt

The car has been leaking antifreeze severly. I replaced a hose that for lack of better terms I will call it a spider hose. The hose leads off in different directions a buddy of mine suggested that the problem that caused the serpantine belt to come off was the water pum

If the coolant leak still exists, the recommended service would be a leak diagnostic(https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/coolant-is-leaking-inspection). It is possible that a seized water pump bearing can throw the belt but all other causes, including bearing roughness in additional pulleys, have to be looked at. It is possible the tensioner is loose, pulleys (and driven accessories) are out of plane, other pulleys have rough bearings, and even the harmonic balancer has shifted (outward, taking the pulley out of plane). The most efficient thing to do is schedule a serpentine belt replacement and during that visit, all the rotating elements that the serpentine belt rides on will be inspected for proper operation and the necessary repairs estimated.