Q: Q: The car stalls while idling

My car has gone around 60,000 miles and a while ago, it began to make a slight clicking noise. However, now it's been running rough. Also, when I'm about to stop the car and it begins idling, it stalls out. Do you have any idea why this happens?

Yes, we will be happy to assist you. Idling issues are usually the result of a dirty throttle body or a dirty/faulty idle air control valve. The idle air control valve and throttle body are mounted together.

If either one of them become too dirty, the sensors may become clogged, which causes incorrect readings and causes the idle to be adjusted incorrectly. You may just need the throttle body cleaned which is a common maintenance performance for many vehicles. Have a technician listen to the clicking noise that you are experiencing and inspect the throttle body and idle air control valve in order to have the stalling issue diagnosed and resolved.

3. Q: The car stalls while idling