Q: The car sometimes takes more than one turn of the key to start.

Sometimes when the car has only taken a short trip and then stopped, it takes at least two turns of the key to start. There does seem to be a lack in power recently, and it is eating gas. Today, when I cranked it, the engine took two turns of the key and on the second turn, it started but began to shutter and bogged out. This happened twice in a row. A few minutes later, I tried to crank it again and it fired up no problem.

Hello, thanks for writing in. If this problem is occurring and it is getting poor fuel mileage, then you more than likely have a fuel system problem. Most of the time this is caused by a bad fuel pressure regulator or a bad fuel injector that is leaking. Most of the time it is a fuel injector. I usually remove them and test them for leakage as well as the regulator. It can also be a bad sensor but that is not as common. If you need to have it checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. The car sometimes takes more than one turn of the key to start.