Q: The car sometimes takes more than one turn of the key to start.

Sometimes when the car has only taken a short trip and then stopped, it takes at least two turns of the key to start. There does seem to be a lack in power recently, and it is eating gas. Today, when I cranked it, the engine took two turns of the key and on the second turn, it started but began to shutter and bogged out. This happened twice in a row. A few minutes later, I tried to crank it again and it fired up no problem.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. If this probl...

Hello, thanks for writing in. If this problem is occurring and it is getting poor fuel mileage, then you more than likely have a fuel system problem. Most of the time this is caused by a bad fuel pressure regulator or a bad fuel injector that is leaking. Most of the time it is a fuel injector. I usually remove them and test them for leakage as well as the regulator. It can also be a bad sensor but that is not as common. If you need to have it checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.