Q: The car smells of gas, probably has a leak

Hi. I think my car is leaking gas somewhere. I can smell it on the outside of the vehicle. It comes through the vents of the AC. The smell is very noticeable if the car has been sitting for a while. I once smelt gas after the car was in the sun for over an hour. I haven't seen any leaks beneath the car anywhere. I took the car to the dealers. They were able to smell the gas but couldn't find the leak. They checked the welding and said it was fine. Other test they did on the car haven't shown any issue with the car. Could you give me some advice? It seems a bit unsafe to drive like this and nobody sees any issue. Thank you in advance.

A: When an air conditioning refrigerant leak i...

When an air conditioning refrigerant leak is being detected, a mechanic will often use an electronic leak detector that is specifically designed to ’sniff’ for a specific refrigerant. These electronic leak detectors are also made to detect fuel leaks. I would recommend locating a mechanic that owns one of these electronic leak detectors and enlisting their assistance in inspecting an oil/fluid leak. This would be the best chance at finding the leak considering that is is not large enough to be seen by multiple people.