Q: The car slides when driven on bumpy roads

I bought a car that was previously owned. It has gone almost 100,000 miles. The issue occurs when I drive over bumpy terrains, even slightly bumpy. When that happens, the car slides at the rear end, and feels as if I drive on ice. I rotated the tires. It seems that the issue got worse after that. Do you have any advice on what I should do? I feel unsafe driving it. Thank you in advance.

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. Since the dealership used a scan tool and didn’t see any codes then it must not be a sensor failure. I typically start by checking the back pressure of the exhaust to see if the catalytic converter is failing. If it is fine then I check the fuel pressure as a weak fuel pump can cause this. If that is also fine it may have a dirty mass air flow sensor. These are all the most common causes of this. If you want to have this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to check it out.

3. The car slides when driven on bumpy roads