Q: The car occasionally won't start

If I drive the car for very short distances, like from the parking to the garage and then go to start it up the following day, the car wouldn't start. It would start cranking but cannot be started completely. However, if I drive the car a bit more before getting it into the garage, it would start the following day. So, the problem happens only when I drive it for several minutes and then park it. Also, if the car has been sitting for a couple of days, I wouldn't have any issues with it and it would run smoothly. What could be causing this?

It sounds like a possible fuel overfilling problem, like its potentially flooding. You may be smelling gas or noticing poor fuel economy. The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor may have failed or poor connection. There may be a Check Engine light on and a diagnostic trouble code set that will give an indication of the cause of your Saturn’s intermittent no start/hard start. Have a technician inspect the starting issue visually, and then use a scan tool to confirm engine temperature.