Q: Control arm bushings

I recently got my car inspected and found out the car needs new bushing in the lower control arms. The repair place told me that they couldn't just replace the bushing they would have to replace the whole control arm. Replacing both lower control arms on this car is about 680 dollars where as fixing the bushings only would be exceptionally cheaper. Is it possible to only fix the bushings? If so do you know of any shops that would do that?

Control arm bushings are an important part of vehicle suspension systems. Bushings are made of rubber which separates the faces of two objects while allowing a certain amount of movement. As a car moves over tough or bumpy surfaces, this movement allows the suspension parts to move easily. The rubber which is flexible in nature helps to minimize transmission of noise and small vibrations through to the chassis of the vehicle. Bushings are pressed into the control arms at each end of the device to secure the connection to the chassis. The control arm is the device that connects suspension system to the chassis of the vehicle. Control arm bushing is used to hold the bolt in place that connects the control arm to the chassis. They are located at the broad end of the control arm to which the part pivots. These can be replaced separately from the control arms. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Control arm bushings