Q: The car keeps running hot.

The car ran hot in town. I left it sitting for a few hours. When I returned to get the car I drove home (around 10 miles). It ran hot after making it home and letting it sit running. I've changed the thermostat and water pump. The fan wouldn't come on and the fuse was good. I checked the plug for the fan for power and it didn't read anything, so I then spliced the wires from the fan and connected them to the battery now the fan is working. When I take the radiator cap off I can see the coolant moving up and down but the car is still running hot. Please help me

Hi, thank for writing in. I would recommend checking to see if you may have a blown head gasket. If you notice any signs of oil in the coolant or water in the oil turning a milky color, this may be a sign of this. Also, you may notice a bit of white smoke coming from the exhaust as well. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.