Q: The car is unresponsive at times, needle shows wrong fuel amounts

Hi, I'm having problems starting my car. It sometimes gets completely unresponsive after I put the key into the ignition and try to start it. Everything in the car works, including the lights and the radio. After waiting several minutes, I would then succeed in starting the car. But, there is another issue with the fuel gauge. It doesn't work correctly. The needle would move around, showing the wrong fuel amount, like empty when it's actually full. What do you think is the problem here? I appreciate your help.

A: Try another key or have another key remade ...

Try another key or have another key remade and programmed before anything else. Your anti-theft may not recognize the key sometimes, and leaving the key on for several minutes reprograms the key again to the anti-theft module. Sometimes the ignition sensor around the key goes bad and can do the same thing. The fuel sensing unit in the fuel tank and the gauge have had problems with this model. It would have to be tested. Have another key made and then try it. If the problem persists, get in touch with a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to perform a diagnostic inspection of the car.