Q: The car is knocking

My car is knocking. I'm not sure if it is the crankshaft, or the timing belt.

The knocking would have to be listened to by a mechanic before a diagnosis can be made, since different kinds of knocks mean different problems. The serpentine belt should be removed prior to a diagnostic test, to eliminate the possibility of an accessory causing the problem. The engine would then started to see if it is a lower engine thump, or an upper engine tick, or something in between. Also, if it comes and goes when the engine is accelerated, that could indicate a piston pin or rod issue. I recommend having a mechanic, like the ones from YourMechanic, come by and give your car a proper noise diagnosis in order to isolate the noise, and recommended any needed repairs.

3. The car is knocking