Q: The car has difficult startup after being driven briefly

Hi. My car seems to be starting fine the first time I turn it on, like in the morning when the engine is cold. However, after driving it briefly and stopping it, the car easily cranks but is difficult to start up again. The fuel pressure is fine as well as the pump. What could be causing this? Thank you.

A: You may have a <a href='https://www.yourmec...

You may have a damaged throttle body or a faulty throttle position sensor. Both of these issues can make you feel the same symptoms as a sticking throttle. I would recommend having the throttle body and throttle position sensor inspected by a qualified professional. This test will include a visual inspection of the throttle body as well as testing the TPS for proper function using the manufacturers recommended procedure. Once the faulty part has been determined, you can proceed to replace it as necessary to resolve your issue.