Q: The car had to be jump-started, the engine unresponsive now

Hi. My car ran fine until recently when it developed some starting issues. It happens suddenly several times but I managed to jump-start the car. The last time however, it wasn't successful so we had the car towed. I had the battery replaced but it didn't fix the starting issue. Now the lights and radio work great but car doesn't start still. The engine is completely unresponsive at this point. There is no cranking, nothing. Do you have any idea what happened with my car? Thank you in advance.

Hello. It sounds like the starter may have failed completely and as a result is not responding to the battery voltage sent to it during the starting process. It is also possible that an ignition system fuse has blown which would prevent the car from starting. It will be necessary to have the starter system inspected by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to pinpoint the problem and determine whether the starter needs to be replaced. They can visit your home or office to inspect your car’s starting issues.