Q: The car engine vibrates on and off when going slow. It gets better after accelerating and then starts again when slow.

While driving along the road, suddenly the engine vibrate strongly and it like about to die off. The spark plug and distributor was change about 1 years ago. Will the spark plug cable cause the engine to vibrate n even stall if it is fault?

Thanks Edwin

A: Hi there. The description you have provided...

Hi there. The description you have provided leads me to believe that the engine is experiencing misfires. This could be the result of high resistance in spark plug wires or low ignition coil output. This could also be the result of low fuel pressure, a faulty fuel pump, a faulty fuel pressure regulator, or a plugged fuel filter.

There are several other possibilities as well. I recommend having your vehicle's vibrations inspected and the problem repaired by a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.