Q: The car don't start. It's a Mercedes C class C200

A message was on the dashboard saying engine coolant low was on for maybe a month or so I looked at the level it seemed OK I was going to take it to a garage next two days. The car didn't start this morning. Last night maybe a mile away from home the engine light came on I stalled then all the lights came on, on the dashboardon, I turned off the car. I tuned the car on again and came home , then this morning didn't turn on I try to jump star it but it didn't. I noticed that a black liquid came out of the cooler tap I opened it and the liquid was kind of thick and black. What do you think is wrong with it. Many thanks Mimosa

A: The black liquid coming out of the coolant ...

The black liquid coming out of the coolant cap is most likely oil in your coolant. This is typically a sign of a blown cylinder head gasket. This can happen when the car overheats to an extreme level or has been overheated for a long period of time. If the coolant level has been low for a month, this is likely a result of this. When this happens, this head gasket will leak oil into the coolant and cause a major drop in compression as a result of not being able to seal off the combustion chamber. This is what causes the car to stall. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to inspect the liquid and diagnose the starting problem in order to have this corrected.