Q: The car changes gear with a loud sound and the speedometer isn't working. What could be the possible wrong.

The car changes gear with a strong noise and the speedometer isn't working. What could possibly be the problem

A: Hello. If the vehicle is shifting really ha...

Hello. If the vehicle is shifting really hard and if the speedometer is not working then you may have a bad vehicle speed sensor. When this sensor fails the transmission computer does not know exactly when to shift gears so it tends to shift late and hard. It can also be the start of a transmission failure, but the vehicle speed sensor should be checked out first. If you want to have this hard shifting problem checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.