Q: The car cannot go faster than 3 mph

My car doesn't accelerate. I tried to give it more gas and keep the foot on the gas pedal all the way to the floor, but it just cannot increase speed over 3 mph. What could be the problem? I appreciate your help.

This could be several different causes. The fuel pump pressure may not be enough. The catalytic convertors may be clogged, the fuel filter may be clogged, or there could be computer sensor issues or throttle problems. Any of these can cause the problem. I recommend having a diagnostic inspection of your acceleration issue by a certified technician. They will be able to pinpoint the fault and recommend an appropriate repair.