Q: the brakes are still really hard

Replaced the brake booster and master cylinder then bleed the brakes but why are my brakes still hard

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

You need to have the vacuum line to the engine from the brake booster checked to make sure it is not leaking in anyway. Press the brake and while holding the brake start the engine. You should feel the pedal go down indicating the booster is working. The engine vacuum should be checked to see if it is low. If the vacuum line and check valve to the booster are bad then you will need to replace them and then recheck to see if the brake is still hard. You may want to check the brake caliper slides and calipers for binding. If you would like, all of this can be performed by a certified technician from YourMechanic who can properly evaluate your braking system.