Q: the brake light on the dash has refused to go out even when i disengage the the hand brake.

the brake light on the dash has refused to go out even when i disengage the the hand brake. also the ABS sign is on in the dash constantly. please is there a connection between the two. Again, there is another light at the lower left hand corner of the dash, just below the check engine light, it is like the skid light. Please what do i do about these lights, it is disturbing.

The only link between the two of them would be a damaged brake switch or electrical relay that sends a signal to the ECU, which is located under the brake pedal. If the switch is constantly open, then it might illuminate both lights. However, it could be non-related; and issues exist with ABS or speed sensors that are causing the ABS problem. It’s never a good idea to assume that brake system warning lights are simple electrical errors, which is why I’d recommend having a professional mechanic complete a brake light is on inspection.

3. the brake light on the dash has refused to go out even when i disengage the the hand brake.