Q: The battery, the brakes, and trans temperature lights all stayed on after starting first day they went right off. Today stayed on

THE LIGHTS STAYED ON TODAY. YESTERDAY JUST CAME ON UNTIL I REVED THE MOTOR. ALL ELSE IS FINE EVEN AFTER WARMING UP

Warning lights will turn off and on due to the way they are triggered in the first place. The vehicle’s computer is constantly testing components to make sure they are working correctly. If the component that is on its way out fails a test, and then passes it, the computer will turn off the light. These means the component was on its way out, but now it is not passing the tests anymore and has completely failed. Luckily since the vehicle does have a warning light on, that means the computer has an idea about what is wrong. If you have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes, then it will likely give you insight as to what components need to be tested, repaired, or replaced. Scan the vehicle and go from there.

• The battery, the brakes, and trans temperature lights all stayed on after starting first day they went right off. Today stayed on