Q: The AC compressor on my 1999 ML320 stopped working.

1. How likely is it that the fuse is blown for the ac clutch?

2. Is it OK to drive this vehicle about 7 miles to the shop for repair or should it be towed?

A: In most cases, it may be the a/c compressor...

In most cases, it may be the a/c compressor clutch that has stopped working, but it won’t hurt to check the fuses. If you do find a blown fuse, something happened along the electrical circuit that drew a higher current than the circuit was designed for and blew that fuse (so that problem will have to be tracked down). A compressor that may be on it’s way out may cause this type of issue. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the air conditioning system and offer a more personal diagnosis.