Q: AC compressor is not quickly cooling?

the AC compressor is not running quickly when i start the car
My car has an automatic transmission. this is not happening in the hot weather. it is happening when the weather is not much hot.

A: Hi there. Assuming, the a/c is not blowing ...

Hi there. Assuming, the a/c is not blowing cold right away, this could be an indication the refrigerant level is low. An air conditioning system service could resolve the issue, as long as there are no leaks in the system. If, the a/c system is fully charged and there is a delayed compressor engagement. It could be, caused by any number of faulty electrical components in the a/c system, ie; low pressure switch, compressor relay, high pressure transducer, body control module, engine control module, etc. etc. etc.... I recommend having your vehicle's slow to operate a/c compressor be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.