Q: Test

Q: Does my car need new brake pads and rotors?

Hi there: In most instances, if the brake pads have not fully worn out, the rotors will not suffer scarring or pitting which typically means the rotors need to be surfaced or replaced. However, it really depends on the damage...

Q: I believe my alternator has gone bad, how much would it cost to fix or replace?

Prior to replacing the alternator, it has to be tested to determine if the alternator has actually failed especially in your circumstance where the check engine light (CEL) is on which light could mean that another problem, other than the...

Q: Difficult startup, low battery voltage, no oil pressure with windows, sunroof and locks malfunctioning

If the battery tested good, then I would suspect a problem with the alternator. The battery is basically just an electronic storage device that must be charged regularly by the alternator. In addition, there are a couple dozen modules aboard...