Q: Ten days after dealership fixes car, it quits again

For the third time this week, I tried to start my car and it was dead. It’s not even cold weather. The service center had my car only 10 days ago for this same problem, but I called them to make yet another appointment. I also called the Ford Roadside Assistance to have my car towed to the dealership. After three hours I called and was told that the mechanic who previously worked on it was off that day. They didn’t know how many days it would take and they did not even offer a loaner car. This will mean more time lost from my job. The next day I got a call that they are going to get a loaner car for me. Relief. They told me that the battery is dead, no help from Ford, and they are still trouble-shooting. They reported that the wiring is good; no malfunctioning contacts in the wires. Now three days have gone by and no one has called with updates. I would surely appreciate any advice and solutions that you could give me. Thank you.

Hello. Sometimes shops can take an excessive amount of time to diagnose and repair your vehicle due to the fact that they have so many other customers at once. One solution I might recommend is that you give YourMechanic a try. This service will send a mechanic to your house or job to diagnose and repair the starting issue you are having firsthand. This personalized attention will ensure that your vehicle is the highest priority as the mechanics from YourMechanic are only servicing one vehicle at a time as opposed to jumping back and forth between multiple vehicles. If you still want the dealership to fix the issue, I would just recommend calling once a day to get an update on your vehicle until the problem is resolved.

3. Ten days after dealership fixes car, it quits again