Q: temperature gauge not working, a/c needs to be recharged constatantly

my temperature gauge is not working, I changed to coolant temperature sensor and it still isn't moving. The thermostat is good. I also notice that my a/c is not working correctly, I seem to have to keep filling it up. Could these 2 issues be associated with each other? What do I do to fix it?

Hi there. It sounds like you may have a gauge or wire harness problem that needs to be inspected and you definitely have an ac system leak if you have to keep adding refrigerant. The ac leak could be anywhere in the system from the engine compartment to behind the dash. A failing cooling system can have an affect on the ac system; if the cooling system is not working properly then the ac system will not cool properly, but one does not cause a leak in the other. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a temperature gauge is not working inspection and an ac system blows warm inspection.

• temperature gauge not working, a/c needs to be recharged constatantly