Q: Temp gauge rising while at idle

Changes the radiator after trying to start it the car temp gauge goes up after 5 mins of being parked I rev the engine and the temp gauge goes down

3. Temp gauge rising while at idle

Q: I need to now if my 2001 GMC Sierra 1550 4WD had a 3 or 4 spline pitman arm.

Hi there. To see if the pitman arm has 3 or 4 splines, check the splines on it with the nut off. Use a flashlight and look at the splines to see if there are 3 large flat areas or...

Q: if my 2011 chevy equinox brakes the water chain can the car still run or it'll stop?

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2011 Chevrolet Equinox. The water pump and engine balance shaft are run on one chain and the engine crankshafts are run on a separate timing chain. I guess it could be possible...

Q: Engine burning fair bit of oil

You should first have the engine checked for any leaks and the PCV system serviced. Then make sure a paper style factory air filter is used. Use the correct oil and then document exactly how much oil is used per...