Q: Temp gauge rising while at idle

Changes the radiator after trying to start it the car temp gauge goes up after 5 mins of being parked I rev the engine and the temp gauge goes down

The radiator should have an electric fan that comes on when the temperature reaches a certain point. When the car is moving down the road, there is enough air moving through the radiator that is doesn’t need a fan, but while you are sitting still, as in a stoplight, the fan should be coming on to keep the radiator cool. Some of these fans are controlled by a thermostatic switch and some are controlled by the ECU. But I’m thinking maybe the fan was not hooked up correctly when the radiator was changed. To have that conveniently sorted out for you, contact Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Galant and let you know what it is going to take to solve your problem.

3. Temp gauge rising while at idle