Q: TC light on during slow driving, noisy braking

I have problems with my car that has recently showed up the Traction Control warning. It was during slow driving in the city with a lot of stop and go. The TC warning does not appear while I drive at higher speeds, like on the highway. Occasionally, when the TC light is on, the brakes make noise, when pressed at low speeds. What is the issue here?

A: Hello. When this occurs on your vehicle it ...

Hello. When this occurs on your vehicle it is usually caused by a bad wheel speed sensor. These tend to show up more during low speed driving.

It may also be a bad yaw sensor. Since the light is coming on, I typically start by scanning the brake module for codes. This would let me know where to start and which sensors to watch. At that point, it can be repaired.

If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your Traction Control Light and brake noise, and perform the necessary repairs to have your problems resolved.