Q: TC light on and car shutting down

The TC light is on. The car is also shutting down.

A: Hello. I believe the light you are referrin...

Hello. I believe the light you are referring to is the traction control light (TC). The electronic brake control module (EBC) in your car monitors the speed of all four wheels via speed sensors. It then uses this information to determine when and where to apply the brakes in a low traction situation. If the EBC senses a problem in the system it will illuminate the TC warning light. The most common point of failure is the wheel speed sensor or reluctor ring. As the teeth of the reluctor ring pass by the magnetic wheel speed sensor, AC current is generated. The EBC then uses this information for anti-lock brake (ABS) and TC operation.

Your vehicle shutting down is likely unrelated, unless you have a problem with the charging system. Improper voltage caused by a failed alternator or battery can cause all kinds of havoc with onboard electronics, such as the EBC module. I suggest you have a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your vehicle's shutting down issue to make sure what is causing the problem.