Q: Taking head bolts out after setting torque

So me and a friend put the head on he said it'd be fine to leave some broken bolts on the exhaust we'd be able to extract them when it's in it messed up everything the exhaust won't fit in right and I need more space to extract the bolts. Would I have to buy new bolts for the head and a new gasket I put a copper spray seal for it...

Hi there. The correct way to resolve this problem is to ensure the exhaust manifold if decked (cleaned and level), purchase brand new bolts and the correct exhaust manifold gasket recommended by Saab. I wouldn’t recommend any other repair solution as it will eventually lead to exhaust leaks.

3. Taking head bolts out after setting torque