Q: Takes water and now it all of a sudden started to overheat

We had to add water ever couple days we pull a 2 car trailer now all of a sudden it has over heated into the (H) red area no thermostat present reservoir overheats while rad stays cool and ideas ?? The fan you can't stop while running

A: Hey there. This may be caused by a number o...

Hey there. This may be caused by a number of things related to your cooling system. This may be a faulty or stuck thermostat, which regulates the flow of coolant in and out of the engine from the radiator. When this is not working as it should, this may cause the temperature to overheat (usually when stuck closed) or in some cases cause it to not reach normal operating temperature (usually when stuck open). The reason the fans will stay on in a situation like this is that they are activated by temperature sensor relays which engage them when the heat reaches a certain level. If the heat never drops sufficiently, then they will remain on. To have this resolved, I suggest having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the overheating issue so that this can be corrected properly.