Q: Takes long for car to start

Hello, I have a clean title 2014 Ford Mustang, it has never had any accidents but by mistake my fuel tank went to empty and I tried to start it after it sat for a couple of hours since I forgot. Then I fueled it and now the car is hard to start, it takes a bit longer than usual when it is starting. Before that mishap it will start strong. A mechanic told me to just buy fuel injector cleaner and give it time and it will be back to normal. What are your thoughts? Thanks

You could have a circumstance where the fuel pump overheated because it was run dry. That could cause the pump impeller seal to fail. Check fuel pressure in fuel rail to confirm that the pump is operating properly and supplying adequate pressure to the fuel rail. If you suspect the injectors are plugged, in-tank cleaners are not optimal and often useless. The only way to properly clean injectors is to send them to a lab such as Mr. Injector. If you desire that a certified mechanic resolve this issue you are having, please request a hard starting diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get the underlying fault pinpointed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. Takes long for car to start