Q: Taillights not working

Since I towed a trailer, my taillights have not worked and there seems to be a short in my headlights.

Hi. There is a chance that the cabling got pinched somewhere while hooking up the trailer. Inspecting the cables thoroughly with a volt meter would lead to the area which has a fault. These lights are required by law and help to keep you safe while driving at night so this should be checked out soon. One of our certified technicians here at YourMechanic would be able to help you inspect for electrical problems and locate the cause of the issue.