Q: Taillights not turning on

My taillights are not turning on. The headlights and brakelights work though.

Hello, on most cars the headlights and taillights are in the same circuit, but not the brake lights. The head and tail lights are actually controlled by your headlight switch. The brake lights are always live unlike head and tail lights. Even if your car is off and you step on the pedal, they will come on. Tail lights are controlled by a switch that is connected directly to the brake pedal. When you step on the pedal, the switch is activated and the lights come on. That is where I would start looking at your concern. Some switches actually have adjustment for pedal travel. They also may control other functions like your cruise control. So proper adjustment is critical for proper operation. I would definitely suggest seeking professional help from a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to properly diagnose and repair your taillights.

3. Taillights not turning on