Q: Taillights don't work. 1998 GMC C2500

My tail lights don't work on my truck. So I put in a new fuse, but the bulbs still don’t work. I do have brake lights however. But when I turn on the lights the brake lights don't work. Do you know how I can make my brake lights work?

Hello there. Faulty tail lights are a common repair on the GMC C2500. There are a few possible reasons for the brake lights to work but not the taillights. The most common would be a wiring fault, bulb failure, switch fault, or a failed bulb socket. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can easily diagnose the rear light problem and follow through with the right repairs.

3. Taillights don't work. 1998 GMC C2500