Q: Tail lights signal hazard

I replaced my turn signal switch a little less than a year ago, and both of my lights stopped working in the tail. Then I finally got both of my tail lights working, and now there is no left turn signal or left hazard light. Do you have any ideas as to how I can get all my lights working?

Hi there. In order to properly diagnose this, I would need to do some voltage tests to see where the voltage is being lost. It sounds like the switch may be failing again or it may have a bad hazard switch. This will cause this and so will a short in the rear wiring. This is a common problem especially on the frame rail where the wiring goes near the exhaust. It can melt there. I would inspect the wiring and test each wire for the right voltage. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your signal lights and assist you with a repair.

3. Tail lights signal hazard