Q: Synthetic verses regular oil; what is the real need?

My car recommendation is synthetic oil for oil changes. Synthetic costs more. Does my car really need synthetic verses regular oil? I have a 2011 chevy equinox and use the car for business. I turn 10000 miles in two months. Would using regular oil hurt my engine?

A: Hi there. Regular oil should not hurt your ...

Hi there. Regular oil should not hurt your motor. Using synthetic oil can extend the oil change intervals over conventional oils. I would recommend using the oil type and weight recommended by your manufacturer. A certified technician from YourMechanic can change the oil at your home or office if needed.