Q: Synthetic oil filter

I last changed my csrs oil at 275,000 km.... now it's been driven 12,000 and I think it's yo me to change it. last change I did was with a synthetic oil filter and quaker state synthetic 5w20. My father told me that apparently you can go 24000 km without needing to change the oil with that type of filter. I don't believe him. Ive looked up thay particular filter and it only says 24000 km of engine protection.
I wanted to know your thoughts on the matter.

Using synthetic oil and filter can extend the oil change interval more than when using conventional oils. How far you can go is under much debate and most of it just opinion. I personally double my oil change intervals when using synthetic oils. So instead of every 3000 miles with regular oils I go 6000 miles with synthetic oils. I would not go beyond manufactures recommended intervals.