Q: Switching transmissions on a Toyota

How can you tell if the used engine out of Toyota with an automatic transmission could have the right electronics to work with a manual transmission?

A: The difference is in the software and compu...

The difference is in the software and computer and the sensors that are on the transmission. So if you would just take the engine out of either one and put that engine in the other, it would work perfectly fine. Because it is not the engine itself, it is the transmission, the computer, and the sensor. The car that you already have has what it needs on it. So if you just switch the engine, it doesn’t matter where the engine is coming from. The only thing that you are going to have to change is, if the engine comes with a flywheel assembly. You’re going to have to use your own flywheel assembly. If you are changing it from automatic to manual, or from manual to automatic. You’ve got to swap them up but they both bolt on the engine. You just have to change them out because one has a clutch assembly and one has a torque converter. They bolt on differently.