Q: Switched to synthetic high mileage (5w-30) for the first time and have noticed power loss and faint smoke coming out of tail pipe?

Switched to synthetic high mileage (5w-30) for the first time and have noticed power loss and faint smoke coming out of tail pipe. What do you think this could be from? Engine is quieter and seems okay but ever since I switched my "get-up & go" has got up and went. Any help is appreciated

Hi, thanks for writing in. The smoke coming from the tail pipe is not from the oil you are using. The fuel pressure and computer should be checked to see if there is a fuel pressure or computer problem. You may have a loose air filter housing between the MAF and the throttle body. If you would like further help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect this loss of power in the car for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

• Switched to synthetic high mileage (5w-30) for the first time and have noticed power loss and faint smoke coming out of tail pipe?