Q: Sweving of front end when braking at highway speed

Diagnosis involved replaceing brakes, calipers, rotors, alignment: finally took to Buick dealer and they supposedly did onboard computer test and result was "brake pressure modulator valve". They will only use new GM parts and would cost ~$2500, much more than cars worth. He gave me all the part info and I took to my garage who obtained the part and installed it. SAME PROBLEM. It seems unlikely that the same problem would exist. Likely bad diagnosis or something else connected to problem.??

Hi there. This problem seems to be related to your braking system and also the suspension to your vehicle. Uneven brake pressure and worn springs/shocks will cause this swaying of the front end upon braking at highway speeds. Worn steering parts such as bushings can also cause front end wandering. For an accurate diagnosis, a complete inspection of your steering, suspension, and braking systems will reveal the true reason(s) for why your vehicle is acting the way it is. From there, they can perform any repairs that are needed.