Q: SUV won't always start even after battery replacement

This doesn't happen every day, but some days when I try to start the minivan in the mornings, it won't start. Some mornings it will crank and some it won't. The dealership replaced the battery with a new one, but that didn't help. Could it be the starter?

A: The starter may be the issue, or you may ha...

The starter may be the issue, or you may have a cable issue. Some vehicles also may have a problem with the neutral safety switch that will not let the starter crank the vehicle if it is not in park or neutral.

Try moving the shifter and see if this helps or not. If it does not, then have a mechanic come to you to perform a diagnostic of your intermittent start condition when it will not crank. The mechanic should check the system to see if the starter is causing the problem, or maybe the anti-theft system is not working correctly all the time.