Q: SUV stopped accelerating at high speed on interstate and slowed down on its own

I've had a very frightning experience on the interstate. I was driving the speed limit and my a SUV stopped accelerating!! It started by slowing down on its own. No help from the gas pedal, so of course, I got to the side of the road. Called for assistance and was towed to a dealership. No warning lights had occurred. Is there a better way than I just gave to explain it to the mechanics at the dealership. I appreciate your help!

This is the same for Nissan Rouges from 2008 to 2013 with the CVT transmissions. The CVT transmission on these vehicles may go into what is called ’transmission safe mode’ if it is overheating. The safe mode will cause low engine power and limited shifting of the CVT system. This could be caused by incorrect transmission fluids or the engine coolant is not the correct mixture of coolant and water. If the condenser in front of the radiator has limited air flow the temperature will rise, causing the transmission to go into the fail safe mode. Have the transmission fluid and coolant serviced using the correct fluids recommended by Nissan only. Have the cooling system checked for proper operation. Perform technical bulletin NTB 14-002C for installing an extra transmission cooler to keep the problem from happening again. If you need help with this, have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s transmission and make the necessary repairs for you.

• SUV stopped accelerating at high speed on interstate and slowed down on its own