Q: Why does the suspension move around when I stop my vehicle?

I replaced my tie rod end on the driver side front....but when i stop my car seems to shift to that side when I hit the brakes....

A: Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic....

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. Check the tie rod end and make sure that it is secured tight. Check the surrounding suspension around the tie rod end and see if anything is loose. Check the brakes and see if the caliper is sticking on that side. Usually a sticking brake caliper will apply the brakes early on one side causing the wheel to slow down before the other wheels causing the vehicle to shift to that side. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your vehicle drifting to one side when applying the brakes.