Q: Suspension issues

Hello, I've a 2008 Ford Fusion. A few months ago I notice what seemed to be the right front tire shaking. I checked the lug nuts and kicked the tires nothing seemed like it was falling off so I continue to drive it. Over time it only got worse. Mainly a slower speed it would pull hard from time to time and wobble. I took the tire discounters to have them look things over. They evaluated that the right front control arms were bent. $650 for one side to replace. I picked my car up and after doing some searching online/ decided to do the job myself. Though more difficult that the videos I was able to get all three controls arms replaced in a day. When removing the old ones I was suspicious, I didn't seen any signs of noticeable wear, or bends. Upon completion the car seemed to be no better. All is a bad ad it was plus the fact that my steering wheel is a little crooked now. I'm at a loss. I'm out a few $100 on parts that didn't fix the problem.😡😡😡 Suggestions?

Hi there. From the description you have given, your vehicle has a combination of problems now. From the description of your vehicle’s shaking and pulling I believe that your vehicle’s tire has tread separation. You can run your hand over the tire’s tread and possibly feel a raised tread (bubble) in the tire.

By replacing the control arms, you have affected the geometry of the front end. I recommend an alignment on your vehicle. If the tire tread is separated, replace it before the alignment. I recommend having your vehicle’s tire shaking diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Suspension issues