Q: Surging

I have a 1985 cadillac Seville I've had a new computer put in throttle position sensor fuel pump filter gas tank cleaned and realign I also got a major tune up put on the car the car be surging it cut off and it will crank right up oh yeah I had the car air condition serviced they changed it over from r-12 to r-34 That's really when the car actually started surging can you give me advice

Hi There, Its sounds like you may have an issue with the refrigerant being overfilled or potentially have a bad AC compressor switch, which is what controls the AC compressor and when it cycles on and off. Any time the compressor cycles on and off, this creates a drag on the engine as it puts an additional load on the motor causing it to surge when the AC is on. If the compressor is beginning to fail, you may also experience a bit of surging as it struggles to cycle on and off properly. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle.