Q: Sunroof draining into side airbag

I noticed one day that the side air bag was leaking so I took my car to the local dealership. They reported to me that excess water had not drained off the sunroof as it should have. Instead, the excess water entered the car’s cabin through the air bag. They advised me that the sunroof should be repaired. Before I go forward with that repair, I would like to hear your professional experience with this type of problem and what should be done?

Hi there, thanks for asking about your 2008 Audi S5. First, check to see if the 4-5 drains for the sunroof are clogged. Clogged drains can cause all sorts of problems if the sunroof isn’t perfectly sealed - which is often the case. A YourMechanic professional can come to your home or office and inspect leaks in your car.

3. Sunroof draining into side airbag