Q: Sunroof closes half-way unless it lifts first

My car’s sunroof is causing me some problems. Whenever I try to close it, it will pop back open about ½ way. If while closing it, I wait until it lifts up, then it will finish closing and it performs just fine doing it that way. What will fix this sunroof problem?

A: Hello. The sunroof tracks and motor more th...

Hello. The sunroof tracks and motor more than likely just need to be synchronized on your 1998 Lexus GS400. This is known as the sunroof relearning procedure. If you would like to have this done, a qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car to look at your sunroof problem and perform this relearning procedure if needed.