Q: Suddenly want to over heat right away once started.

My car was running fine. Then all the sudden it started to over heat like crazy. I can't find any leaks, I did the boil test on the thermostat and its working fine. Engine fan is working. But when I turn the heat on only cool air comes out now since it started overheating. And I can hear water boiling. Is that the water pump being bad? Can a water pump suddenly go out?

A: The easiest and cheapest thing to do is to ...

The easiest and cheapest thing to do is to replace the water pump and thermostat. These would be my first suspicions. Check the radiator to see if the fan is working properly by putting a piece of paper in front of the A/C condenser with the engine running to see if the fan will hold the piece of paper to the condenser or if it falls down. This will tell you if the fan clutch is not locking in.

Replace the fan clutch with the water pump replacement if you go through with it. If you have the electric fan, just checking to see if it is coming on will be good enough to know if it's faulty. If you end up replacing the water pump and thermostat the system should not overheat, consider seeking help from a certified technician if you need assistance with these services.