Q: Sudden loss of fuel.

I was dropping son off at school few miles from home started driving from his school after dropping him off. As i was approaching a redlight i left off the accelerator light turned green (i was never stopped just kinda coasting) i pressed the accelerator to get back going and nothing happened as if i ran out of gas. Nothing else quit working so i coasted into a McDonald's as i was stopping i heard a slight backfire. Turned the blazer off. Tried restarting it but it wouldn't crank it would turn over but not start.it has gas. Im just lost now.please help! Thanks Brian C.

Hi There Brian, It sounds like your Blazer has a fuel supply issue that may have suddenly failed. If this is the case, the backfire is a result of the motor leaning out as it continues to run and then becomes starved for fuel just before it dies. This kind of loss of fuel supply can happen for many reasons such as a failed fuel pump, bad fuel injectors or a failing fuel pressure regulator to name a few. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your Blazer to determine what may have caused this.

3. Sudden loss of fuel.